The third day was my worst day so far! I was cranky, had a terrible headache and crazy cravings for a fat bread like Hallah or Brioche with President salted butter and sharp cheddar cheese. Oh, and eggs! Strangely no cravings for chocolate or sweets, but fat and protein instead.
Day 3 Menu:
When you wake up: Hot water with lemon and ginger
Breakfast: Get your Greens Smoothie
Morning Snack: Green Lemonade
Lunch: Squash and Apple Soup
Afternoon Snack: Green Lemonade
Dinner: Raw Carrot Ginger Soup+Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Mushroom and Sage
Squash and Apple Soup – Adapted
I am not a big fan of sweet soups, so I decided to adapt this recipe by sauteeing all the ingredients instead. Here is what I did:
- Sautee the onions in olive oil until they caramelized, add 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then deglaze the pan with some white vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in another pan quickly sautee chopped squash, apples and carrots in olive oil.
- When the onions are ready add the veggies, sea salt, and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock or broth and close the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook for five minutes and add 1 cup of shredded cabbage for crunchiness.
- Wait three minutes, season with more salt and pepper and vinegar to taste.