Super Bowl is tomorrow, and you don’t have to give into temptation and eat processed, artificial, greasy and unhealthy junk. Better yet, nobody will even notice that this is a healthy and nutritious dip. It is so creamy and delicious, people keep coming back for more.
- 2 cups cooked white beans (or 1 15.5 oz can)
- 1 can artichoke heart
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 sprig of sage (or about 7 leaves)
- 1 organic Roma tomato, cut into 4 parts
- 2 cups kale, rinsed and chiffonade
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp unfiltered cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Fontina and Gruyere Cheese, shredded (Optional, if you are not Vegetarian or Lactose intolerant)
1) In a small bowl, place the artichokes,tomatoes, garlic cloves, sage leaves, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix it together with your hands and lay them flat n a sheet pan covered in parchment paper. Place it in a pre heated oven to 350F for about 30 minutes, or until artichoke and garlic are golden in color. Remove and let it cool.
2) In a food processor, add the beans, kale, paprika, tomato, lemon juice, and artichoke mixture, removing the sage leaves. Pulse it in the processor until becomes a paste.
3) If you like, place it in a oven safe bowl and sprinkle some cheese on top. Place it in a sheet pan in broil for 4 minutes or until golden brown and crusty on top.
Sprinkle your favorite salt on top (I like Merlot Salt) and serve it with Crudites, Pita Chips, Crackers, Tortilla Chips, or Crusty Bread.